Sunday 12 February 2012

Two-lips

Thank goodness for mothers, sisters, and girlfriends, because who else can you give something like this to?
This is from Martha's site.  She gives detailed directions here.
I can tell you the holiday themed cuteness would be lost on my husband.  I can also tell you that my husband is not scouring Pinterest and Martha Stewart.com for crafty V-day gift ideas to present me with on Tuesday.  So, I whipped up my own version to give to my mom for a Valentines' surprise.  
My version.
Put a glass inside your vase, fill the surrounding space with conversation hearts (mine were from the Dollar Store, and the colours were kind of off, and so was the taste.  James said they taste like soap, but it serves him right as he really wasn't meant to eat them) then add your flowers and water to the glass in the center. Voila!
Next year, I'm going to do the red version, but can you believe I couldn't find any large bags of cinnamon hearts this year?
I've been running out of things to blog about lately, thus my absence for three days this week.  I told Jimmy about my block and he had a simple solution: "Just write about me.  The people love it!"
I will be back sometime this week with the photo shoot of my Phoenix fashion finds I've been promising, and I know James won't dissappoint with something (good or bad) for me to write about on Valentine's day.  Hope you're enjoying your Sunday eve!
Shelby

1 comment:

  1. I loved, loved, loved my Valentine's arrangement. I am going to take it to work to show everyone and then let them eat the soapy candies. I am nice that way.

    ReplyDelete