Monday 13 February 2012

Chick Flick

This weekend I saw The Vow with my friend Heather.  We have a standing agreement to see a chick flick together every few months to spare the men in our lives the trouble.  As far as chick flicks go, The Vow wasn't bad.  Not as predictable as the preview makes it look, however I had a hard time believing in Channing Tatum as the mod-hipster type he was cast as.  The soldier he played in Dear John?  Totally believable.  He's just too square jawed, burly and all American looking to be running an independent music label, if you know what I mean.  
But what a name!  It sounds almost too good to be true, but Wikipedia cites the moniker as being on his birth certificate, and I always believe Wikipedia.  Too bad Channing Quinlan is a bit of a mouthful.  Back to Nameberry I trot.
Movie star names aside, I was trying to remember the last sappy movie I convinced Jimmy to see with me, and let me tell you, it's been a long while.  The last one we saw at the theatre that I can remember was The Holiday.  And you know what?  He actually liked it!  Maybe it was having Jack Black in the mix that appealed to him, but I can't be sure.  This has inspired me to research romantic comedies that guys actually like and see if I can find a common thread.  I can see this turning into a thesis topic.  Hollywood big wigs may pay big for such valuable knowledge, and I'm positive they don't have marketing and research departments dedicated to this topic already.  
Anyway, I've got to get going.  I've got a big night ahead.  Just a date with a little someone named Ben Flajnik and his six remaining bachelorettes in exotic Belize. While Ben and the ladies frolic on the beach I'm going to continue work on my scarf.  I found a tutorial online, and the nice woman on Youtube assured me that to tie in another ball of yarn, that's literally all I have to do: Tie on another ball and trim the ends of the knot. Seems too easy.  What would Martha say?  But tutorial lady says the know will be hidden in the end.  Skeptic that I am doubts it, but I'm going to try, and you know I'll fill you in on the riveting results.
Ciao,
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment