Saturday 31 March 2012

Hair: The Long and Shaggy of it

I said it was coming, and after a long and arduous scouring of the archives, I've gathered enough evidence upon which you can base your votes.  Above is Jimmy's current hair style.  It's driving me nuts, mostly because it's not really a style at all, but rather hair that has been left un-cut for several months.  Hair which he vows he will not cut until the bébé is born.  That's another five weeks, people!  And TBH, I don't think he will cut it after the bundle arrives.  Why?  Because I am his hairdresser, and I only know two styles: buzz cut and buzz cut with a mohawk stripe, both of which he loves, of course.  But he is adamant that long hair is where it's at right now.  I don't do long hair, and he won't go to a proper hair dresser, which is why I have concluded that mop is going to be around for much longer than five weeks.
Especially since he discovered yesterday that if he combs it a certain way it's starting to look like his favourite movie villain of all time.
Why anyone would aspire to look like this, I don't know.  I told Jimmy it was the worst hair ever, and he said "No it's not!", only to be proven wrong by a quick Google search for worst movie hair of all time.
If it's long hair he wants, and Javier his muse, why not go for this?
Or this?
Clearly I need help in convincing my mule of a husband that his hair is in need of attention, so browse below and leave your votes via comment box. I'm desperate, and he may listen to his public before he will listen to me!
First up the short cuts, all of which are my handiwork.  I missed my calling, I know. 
Look 1: Buzz Cut
Look 2: Buzz cut with mohawk stripe
Mohawk stripes again!
Now to the medium length looks.  These were done by an actual professional.
He actually asked for a mullet.  I kid you not.
Length that is tamed.  Not so for the BBQ sauce.
Wedding day spikes.
Another mullet-like look, albeit better than the first one.
I think one of Jimmy's biggest problems with his hair is that it is very thick and must be cut often to maintain a style. A s you might have guessed, he's not one to keep a regular six week appointment at the salon.  Evidence of the shaggy grow out:
It starts to look wild fast!
You've seen him during his hair farmer days before, but here it is again, a painful reminder:
So please, make your opinion known and save us from an unpleasant repetition of the past.  If not for my sake, then for the sake of the peanut who will have to look at that hair-do in their baby book photos for the rest of his or her life!
Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment