Tuesday 20 March 2012

In Pictures

I have married a man who knows not what an old fashioned pram looks like.  The authors of 100 Essential Questions to Ask Before You Say "I Do" left that one out.  Had I only known . . .  
Why did this topic come up, you ask?  I've been thinking about having some family pictures taken after bébé arrives, something casual, maybe the three of us walking around downtown, and I thought an old fashioned pram would be the perfect prop for such a shoot.  But where to get one?  It's a good thing research is my favourite pass time.  I'll let you know what I find.  
Leaping on to a completely different train of thought, you might have guessed that I like watching The Ellen Show.  I also follow Ellen on Twitter.  For Classic Joke Monday, Ellen will re-tweet your joke if she thinks it's funny enough.  Last week I tweeted this one to her: What did the buffalo say when his son left for college?  Bi-son.  It didn't get a re-tweet.  Next Monday I'm gonna try this one: What did the French chicken say when it stubbed its toe?  Oeuf.  Here in Canada, this one should get laughs because we are bilingual, but I'm worried an American audience might not get it.  It's still pretty funny though.
Just in case my jokes don't cause Ellen to recognize my sense of humour, I'm hoping this picture might.
I sent it in for her "What's Wrong with These Photos?" segment.  I wonder what kind of joke she would make about it if she chooses to show it?  I don't know how she couldn't choose it.  It's pretty funny.
Follow me now to another unrelated topic: Jimmy's new fashion feature here on Chez Quinlan.  Generally speaking, I'm not very sharp in the morning, so as he was walking out to the garage this morning, I said, "Have a good day. You look really nice," remembering only as the words left my mouth that I should have had my camera at the ready!  Thankfully, I didn't miss much yesterday as Mondays tend to be a laid back day for him as he's usually tired after traveling on the weekend.  If I could I would capture his outfit from today upon his return home this evening, but by that time he'll have changed into his workout clothes, which are not in the least bit fashionable.  So maybe tomorrow I'll remember to get the job done in the am.  
And the last unrelated thought for the day: remember the fashion shoot I promised last week?  Well it happened, and it was the longest yet.  I'm still editing the photos. Unfortunately, my art director doesn't have the steadiest hand, and she was working with new equipment (namely my iPhone) which isn't very forgiving.  Here's a sneak peek.  More to come later this week, certainment!

Shelby

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! I thought you said you would change the background. Can't you just drop you onto an Italian backdrop or perhaps Paris or at least get rid of the gray curtain. And you are a bit blurry. Is that what pregnancy does to people?

    ReplyDelete